Thursday, March 11, 2010

First trip to the playground this year!

This past Monday was a beautiful spring day - finally!  To celebrate the beautiful day I decided to check out the playground at the new York County Sports Complex.  All of you mommies here in the York County area - if you have not checked it out yet I definately recommend it.  I have pictures below of the two sets of playground equipment.  As I was getting everything in the car to go Nathan decided to take pictures, so here is one of Lizzy in her car seat.  She finally hit the 20 pound mark so that she can face forward in her car seat!  Yea!



Here are the two sets of playground equipment.  They are side by side in a fenced in area.  One is technically for the smaller kids and one for kids over 5 years old.  As you can see in the following pictures, my kids enjoyed both sets!  When we got there we were the only ones there, but I think about 6 other families came while we were there.  They have two benches next to the larger playset and also a covered picnic table.  If I had been smart I would have brought a picnic lunch... maybe next time I will be a little more prepared...
  
Here is Nathan starting out on the little playset.


And before I know it, Elizabeth is climbing up on the big playset!  She looks especially tiny on this big playset, but she was having so much fun!  This little girl shows no fear at all!  If Nathan can do it so can she is the attitude!

So, now at the top of the playground there are three big slides.  As you can see here, she is so tiny up there!   So she has a choice, go back down the way that she came, or down one of the slides... At this point I decided that I needed to stay on the ground to catch her just in case she decided to go down. So, here she goes!  My little fearless dare-devil!  Makes Mommy proud!  She was so happy!
Nathan of course loved to go up the slide.  Nathan was so glad to get to go outside and play.  He was such a great big brother.  He played hard, but he also took the time to take care of Elizabeth and help her when she got scared.  He would help her at the top of the slides by giving her the little extra push - man she would fly down when he would push her!He just had such a great time playing.
This slide was more her size!

(I am not really sure how this picture got so out of order, but oh well...)

I am so excited for more warm days and more trips to the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment