Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Indiana State Fair

This August the kids and I got to visit my family in Indiana.  There is way to much to tell in one post, so I am going to break it up into some of the things that we did during our visit. 

One of the things we got to do was to go to the Indiana State Fair!


This was very exciting for the kids especially since they have recently been on a "Charlotte's Web" kick.  In "Charlotte's Web" Wilbur (the pig), Charlotte (the spider), and Templeton (the rat) go to the fair.  Nathan and Liz were looking forward to seeing all that goes on at the fair!


Here is a fair exhibit - a pumpkin.  Now my question is - who actually grows pumpkins that large?!  I mean, really, I can barely get my pumpkins to grow large enough for the kids to carve them!


Nathan very much enjoyed his snow cone.  I wish I had gotten a picture of this thing before he started eating it!  It was the biggest snow cone I had ever seen!  But then again it was the most expensive snow cone I had ever paid for too...


Oh the joy of carny rides!



This is in front of the pig barn.  Cute.


Lizzie saw this statue and HAD to have her picture taken with it :)


Nathan rode around in style in cousin Esme's jogging stroller.  Thanks Uncle Ben and Aunt Kim for letting us borrow it!


The entire time leading up to going to the fair Nathan had talked non-stop about how he was going to ride the Farris Wheel.  I personally hate Farris Wheels so Uncle Greg had graciously agreed to ride on it with Nathan and Elizabeth.  I had just bought their tickets and explained to Greg that the kids had never been one one before so I did not know how this was going to go when Nathan looks up at this huge Farris Wheel and says "Mommy, I don't think I want to ride on that"  Ha!  That's how it works doesn't it!  I don't blame you buddy!  Maybe next time, but Mommy still is not going to ride with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment