Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!

"He isn't here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen..." Matthew 28:6 NLT
What an awesome truth!  This just brings tears of joy to my eyes just thinking about how awesome this truth is!  Jesus, being fully human, endured the torture and shame of the cross and the events that led up to the cross.  Then Jesus, being fully God, did not stay dead in the tomb, but came back to life after 3 days!  Because Jesus took my punishment I can be free!  Thank you Jesus for your love! Thank you that because of what you did I can celebrate your life!

Here are pictures from our Easter!  It was especially fun this year as both kids got into all the Easter festivities! 

Nathan got in his Easter basket from Mimi and Grandad a pair of binoculars - he was so excited!



Elizabeth loved looking through the plastic Easter eggs to find Easter Marshmallows!  Notice also the adorable cupcake purse!  Love it!  Elizabeth loves purses!

After Easter dinner we headed outside for our Easter egg hunt.  We had real eggs for the egg hunt, good thing we did not intend on eating these eggs, the kids were pretty rough on them, but they had fun and that's what counts!  Here Elizabeth and her little friend Noelle Cornett get ready to head out the door.


Nathan beat the girls outside and was the first to find an egg.  John was very impressed that Nathan remembered every egg from a few nights earlier when we dyed them.  He could tell you who made each egg and what each egg was about.  Nathan loves this pair of Easter bunny ears.  He had to wear them for the whole egg hunt.
I love this picture.  I was very happy with how well Elizabeth did with the egg hunt.  She had a lot of fun picking up the eggs and throwing them (literally) in her basket.  There were many times that I had to go behind her and pick the eggs up because she would loose eggs as she was running from one hiding spot to another.


Here she is finding another Easter egg.

Nathan had such a great time finding eggs and he did a fantastic job!

Nathan with a basket full of eggs, still determined to find the last egg...
I really did not get any of the kids together in their Easter clothes, but here they are seperately.  Very cute, but I am a little biased!

 

Happy Easter!  He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment