I love the area where we live! One of our family's favoite places to go is Yorktown. Yorktown is beautiful, has a beach, a small shopping area (with a Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream I might add) and a wonderful picnic area. Yorktown is also full of history as this is where the Revolutionary War officially ended when British General Cornwallis surrendered to George Washington.
We love to come and picnic here at Yorktown, and last night we came out for our first Yorktown picnic of the season. Here are John and the kids waiting for the food to be passed out.
Elizabeth enjoyed a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich.
After eating we get to have fun! Nathan loved climbing on the rocks and learned about barnicals growing in the water.
While John and Nathan discussed sea life Elizabeth and I started walking down to the beach. This took quite awhile as Elizabeth wanted to walk all by herself, and carry the bucket of toys all by herself. This combined with her being easily distracted by cars driving by or by people or even people with their dogs walking by, this journey took quite awhile. By the time Lizzy an I made it to the beach, John and Nathan had almost caught up with us! Here is Elizabeth - we have finally reached the beach!
Nathan had a great time wading in the water and throwing rocks.
Elizabeth spent all her time trying to fill up the bucket with sand. We had such a great time, and the weather was perfect!
Today it was hot! Last I checked the thermometer said 89, so today was a great day to blow up the kiddy pool! It is kind of small, so I think I will start watching for good pool sales so that later on in the summer the kids will actually have a little more room to play, but it worked for today! They had so much fun!









No comments:
Post a Comment