Last week I bought the kids a new pool. The kind of pool that I remember loving as a little girl. I remember it being one of the best pools (from a kids point of view) because I could actually "swim" in it. Well, so the adventure begins.... Saturday evening after I got home from our 1710 project, but before John got home, the kids asked if we could fill up the pool. It was hot, it was the beginning of what is supposed to be several hot days so why not? I can do this right?!
Nathan was very eager to help and how hard can it be? I read the directions on the back of the box. Sounds simple...
This picture was taken just after I "took a break". Meaning that I was about ready to kill anyone who got in my path! My poor children - what was supposed to be joy for them was turning into Mommy coming very close to loosing her temper. I had to step back, take a deep breath, say a prayer asking for God to give me patience and a sense of humor. Nathan was trying his best to help me I have to give him that! Here he is trying to hold the sides of the pool up so that the water won't continue to spill out the sides.
Here is a picture of the back of the box... notice a mom and her little boy easily setting this pool up together... Yeah right!
Well, we finally got enough water in the pool to hold up the sides (about 1/3 of the way full) and that was good enough for me and for the kids. See my very happy children! They enjoyed the pool and all the pool toys that I gave them. We all survived the filling of the pool, that is until next time...
And as a side note, as the kids were playing in the pool I sat down and read the actual directions that came inside the box... it says "3-4 adults needed to assemble". Nice. Who actually reads the directions beforehand anyway?



No comments:
Post a Comment