Wednesday we took a trip to a local "farm" called Bluebird Gap Farm. I love this place. It is kind of like a mini-zoo, but FREE! It has turkeys, ducks, swans, peacocks, owls, emus, chickens, deer, racoons, goats, horses, cows, sheep, donkeys, snakes, ... I am probably forgetting something, but you get the point. Regular animals, no exotic things like lions and tigers and bears (Oh my!). It also has a picnic area and a playground as well. The kids love it!
One really cool thing (to me at least) is that they have a beautiful white peacock and when we were there on Tuesday he had his tail feathers all spred out. So beautiful!
Here are Nathan and Elizabeth looking at a donkey and a pony. So cute! Nathan loved that there was a horse that was "just my size".
And who is that adorable little baby in the stroller? Did I have a third child? Meet Micah. I have been watching Micah since he was only 5 weeks old. He is 4 months old now and I just can't believe how much he has grown! This was the first time that I tried him in the umbrella stroller. Normally I keep him in the front carrier or in the big stroller. He did really well though.
Here is Nathan in the barn pushing Micah. Nathan appointed himself as stroller pusher which was wonderful! He could push the stroller while I helped Elizabeth. She kept getting destracted by ALL of the animals, where Nathan was content to just look at the ones that he wanted to. Micah was just along for the ride!
Nathan loved looking at the antique farm equipment.
Eventually Elizabeth decided that she wanted to push the stroller. She is such a big helper! She helps with bottles, diaper changes, all sorts of things. She just loves to help. This unfortunately caused a little battle between Nathan and Elizabeth as to who got to push the stroller... so guess who pushed the stroller for the rest of the morning - you got it - Me! It was fun while it lasted and I am glad I got pictures of it!





No comments:
Post a Comment