Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Blustery Day

I know I have posted before about our family picnics at Yorktown, it is very much a family favorite.  Nathan for quite a while instead of calling it "Yorktown" called it "My town" and would correct anyone by saying "It's not YOUR town! It's MY Town!"  Well, last week we were trying to decide on dinner... it was such a beautiful day - why not head down to Yorktown?  So we called Grandmother and invited her to come along, packed a picnic dinner and off we go!  Thankfully I thought as we were headed out the door that sometimes it is a bit windier down at the water so I grabbed jackets for everyone.  Wow!  It was definitely more windy down by the water!  We were just about blown away!  Wind always makes a picnic more interesting.  Here we are trying to set up our picnic dinner...


Check out Elizabeth trying to get her cup!  The table cloth is about to blow on top of her!  Good thing I brought heavy things that could be used to hold down the table cloth!


After dinner the next thing is to always go play on the rocks.  Here are John and the kids looking out over the rocks at the water.  Notice there are white caps on the waves!  All in all it was a very fun picnic and we were so glad that Grandmother got to join us!


This next picture is specifically for Aunt Shanna.  I know she will like it because Elizabeth is wearing a dress that used to by Molly's.  Thanks Aunt Shanna for sending it!  So cute!  This picture was actually taken at our house right before we left for the picnic - not windy at our house!  Go figure!


And this picture I just had to include because I braided Elizabeth's hair for the first time today!  Not a great picture, but it was the best she would let me get.  So sweet though in her little braids!

1 comment:

  1. Those braids are adorable!! You know how jealous I am :) Also jealous that you are so close to the water and have such a fun picnic spot! :)

    ReplyDelete