Every year we carve pumpkins at Mimi and Grandad's house along with Aunt Chelsei. It's always fun to see what the pumpkin carvings will be each year. We never stick with just the plain old Jack o Lantern faces (we will always have at least one of those just because though!)
It is also fun to see how the kids start enjoying this more and more each year! I am looking forward to (and dreading at the same time) the year that they kids get to carve their own pumpkins. Okay, the more I think about my kids carving pumpkins with knives I really don't like that idea. I may have to excuse myself for that!
Here are Nathan and Elizabeth with their pumpkins!
John and Elizabeth getting ready to make the first cut. By the way, you probably can't tell form this shot what is on Elizabeth's shirt, but this is Elizabeth's new favorite shirt - it has a monkey on it! She has been obsessed with duckies for a long time, well, move over duckies! Elizabeth now loves monkeys!
I just had to include this shot of John looking very dangerous with the knife! See the concentration!
Elizabeth helped me pick out the guts of my pumpkin.
Nathan was very good at scooping out the guts of Grandad's pumpkin.
Here is a shot of everyone hard at work.
Elizabeth got bored shortly after that shot was taken and went to find her "Bob the Builder" tool belt. It sings...
Here are the finished 2010 pumpkins! We have this year a cat, and owl, a spooky face, a happy face, and a "hill billy alien".








So cute!
ReplyDelete