It's that time of year - New Year's Resolutions! Well, I started a little before the New Year. I started the Monday after Thanksgiving... Yes, I needed to loose weight. After I had Nathan I dropped all my baby weight and when I got pregnant with Elizabeth I was the same weight as I had been when I got pregnant with Nathan. After I had Elizabeth I did not keep off the weight. For the past year or so I had been the same weight as I had been the day I delivered Elizabeth. Not good. I hated seeing pictures of me, and I hated that I could not fit into my clothes. So, what to do about it?
The first thing that I tried I started all the way back in June. I was doing Pilates 5 days a week. I did not change my diet, I just started working out. This did nothing to drop the extra weight. It did give me more energy and made me feel better about myself, but I wanted to loose weight.
The next thing I tried was to change my diet in addition to the Pilates. I focused on eating meat, nuts, fresh fruit and lots of dairy. Again, I was really feeling better about myself, but still not loosing weight.
Then my friend Tabitha told me about the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I had seen on Facebook comments by quite a few people saying that they were doing The Shred. I thought I would give it a try. I have had great results with this program! This is a change in my exercise routine and a change in my diet. In 8 weeks I have lost 15 pounds and 3 inches! I still work out 5 days a week, but I don't do it 5 days in a row like I was doing. I am off on Sundays and Wednesdays. I count calories, eating 1200-1400 calories a day. I can eat the foods that I want as long as I keep track of the calories, but I am training myself to make wiser choices in the foods that I eat and the amount that I eat. Fresh fruit and water are my good friends. My goal is to drop yet another 5 pounds and then I can up my calorie intake to a maintaining level rather than a loosing level. I can't wait to get to that point! I am looking forward to going clothes shopping in just a few weeks!
Way to go, Michelle! Congrats on the awesome losses already! I'm in the same boat - still carrying baby weight from Elliott. Why doesn't it fall off the 2nd time around like it did the first? Seriously? I've started doing yoga, and so far it makes me feel stronger, if nothing else. I need to lose a good 20 lbs too. But I need to get moving more often! Thanks for the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteGood job Michelle-you are so dedicated, working out 5 days a week-you deserve to lose that weight! Hopefully you can motivate me come June when I'll want to get my baby weight off!!
ReplyDelete