Monday, May 23, 2011

Strawberry Picking

I took the kids strawberry picking for the first time!  My friend Megan had told me about Woods Orchard Farm in Hampton (http://www.woodsorchards.com/) and I thought that it would be such a fun idea to take the kids and load up on strawberries.  We eat a lot of strawberries around here...

Nathan actually does not eat strawberries, I keep telling him that fruit is God's candy, but it does not work.  Apples are good enough for him.  Anyway, he did have a good time picking strawberries.  He went right to work and filled a small basket.   


Elizabeth on the other hand loves strawberries!





I think you get the picture!

Here is our loot. 


We picked a little over 11 pounds of strawberries.  It was only $2 per pound so it was well worth it.  We went home and made 6 pints of freezer jam, and a strawberry pie, and ate the rest!  That was Saturday, this is Monday and they are all gone... maybe another trip to pick strawberries is in order?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I think me and TJ are going to go this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete