We had planned on taking the kids for their first ever camping trip on Memorial Day weekend. The kids were so excited. The tent was ready, the food was ready, the campsite reserved... then we checked the weather forcast... 80 % chance of severe thunderstorms all night long. Sound like a great first camping trip! NOT! Now what? In true John and Michelle Twigg fashion, we changed plans at the last minute (and I do mean last minute) and outran the storm! Instead of heading to the mountains, we headed to the beach! OBX here we come!
Now, camping at the beach can be miserable. No escape from the heat. Hot nights, hot days. The plan was to go on this trip with some of our friends that also have two kids the same ages as Nathan and Elizabeth. Naptime in the heat of a tent was going to be miserable for all. So, what did we do? We rented a beach house for three nights!
I am so glad that Kirk and Megan Wolf and crew are as flexable in their plans as we were, because this turned out to be one of the most relaxing vacations ever! The house was a very close walk to the beach in Frisco, NC. We could see both the ocean and the sound from our balcony. The beach was never crowded. We pretty much had the beach to ourselves most of the time!
Nathan and Charlotte running to jump in the waves.
Nathan enjoyed digging holes in the sand, letting them fill with water and splashing in them.
Elizabeth loved relaxing in beach chairs.
Sorry this picture would not rotate in blogger... Lizzy and I love the beach!
John and Kirk building a drip sand castle with the kids.
The whole group together.
The house had wonderful porches. Coffee in the morning... relaxing after dinner... or just hanging out with friends!
Elizabeth and Patrick
Nathan and Patrick
Megan and Me
Just hangin out in the living room
Taking a stroll on the beach
Another pictures that I could not get to rotate, but I had to include because Nathan just looks so happy!
What a great vacation! Family and friends - what a great combination!
I vote we do this again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment