Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Call me crazy, but I am in the process of abandoning store bought cleaners.  "What!" you say "Who does that?"  Hear me out and give it try for yourself, I think you will like it! 

First on my agenda is homemade laundry detergent. Let me tell you I LOVE this stuff! My husband has a most sensitive nose ever and he even says that the clothes smell better now than they ever did with regular laundry detergent. Not only does it get out odors, but also stains! My little Elizabeth for being a tiny little girl is so hard on her clothes! She goes through about 3 outfits a day and all of which have some sort of mess on them. This laundry detergent gets out the stains!

So, you want to know how it's done?  I'll show you! 
Here are the ingredients:
1 bar Ivory soap
1/2 cup Borax
1/2 cup Washing Soda


First slice your bar of Ivory Soap


Next put your sliced bar of soap, 1/2 cup each of borax and washing soda into the food processor and mix


Finally take your mixed powder and put in a container.  You don't need anything too big, the finished product in just a little over a cup.


Now you are ready to wash!  Use 1 TBSP for normal loads, 2 TBSP for heavy loads (I have never had to use more than 1 TBSP per load)

Good luck! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you tried this and love it as much as I do! Which reminds me ... I need to make another big batch today .... :)

    ReplyDelete