Summer is winding down. We won't be making quite as many weekday field trips out soon, but this week I decided to take the kids to Nauticus in Norfolk, VA. I had only been there once before myself and it was when John and I were dating. My kids love museums though so off we went!
The first exhibit was a model of ships bridge. The kids loved messing with all the stuff on the bridge. Here is Elizabeth driving the ship.
This looks like some sort of navigational tool to me, Nathan loved it.
There were several areas where you could dress up in naval attire. The clothes were of course rather big so we pretty much just played with the hats.
There were models of real ships everywhere. I would say that this was Nathan's favorite part of the museum. He loved looking at each and every one of them. He asked tons of questions. I think that either John or Pops should go with him next time... I didn't have many answers to his questions.
Next to the museum is the Battleship Wisconsin. This is what I thought would be the highlight of the entire trip. I was very much looking forward to touring the battleship and thought that especially Nathan would love getting to go on the big ship. Well, as we were getting ready to get on the ship Nathan went into meltdown mode. There were many tears. All I could get out of him was that it was too hot outside an that's why he did not want to go on the ship. I don't know if it was a bit overwhelming or what. It was very hot and humid outside, but that does not usually stop my kids. Oh well, we will tour the ship another day.
As we were leaving the museum there were very large koi and a vending machine with food for the fish. Yes, I do think that this was the best part of the trip for the kids. At least we left on a good note!






No comments:
Post a Comment