We love the water. I grew up in Indiana, you don't really think about a lot of water there, but when I was young I we lived on the Wabash River. We had a motor boat and I have such fond memories of swiming in the river, fishing, boating, attempting to water ski... Well, here we are, very far away from Indiana, but very close to the ocean. I love it!
This past weekend Pops (John's dad) took us out on the boat. The kids love the boat which makes me very happy. Here are Pops, John, Nathan and Elizabeth as we venture out into the Chesapeake Bay.
A shot of Elizabeth and me once we found a good fishing spot.
We caught sight of a large school of dolphins. There were so many of them, but it's kind of hard to catch a picture of the dolphins. Here you can see one of the fins of one of the dolphins. There is something so exciting about seeing dolphins!
Once we started fishing we caught several blue crabs right away. John gave Nathan a lesson on how to tell if it is a boy crab ( a 'T' on the bottom of the crab) or a girl crab (a diamond on the bottom of the crab). This one is a boy crab.
Then the big excitement! John caught a shark! It was about a 2 1/2 foot Sand Shark. Pretty cool. We let him have the hook...
After fishing for awhile (didn't catch anything else) we motored over to a cove and John and Pops took the kids for a swim!







That's cool to catch a shark! But I wouldn't be swimming in that water! haha (but I am a scardy cat)
ReplyDelete