3My family goes through a lot of pancake syrup - especially in the winter! Buying syrup at the store adds up, so when I ran across this recipe for pancake syrup I thought that I would give it a try. We love it! I can't tell the difference between my homemade syrup and the store bought stuff. It's so simple, give it a try and I think you will be hooked!
Pancake Syrup
2 c sugar
1 c water
1 tsp maple extract
Bring water and sugar to to slow boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat before it come to a rolling boil (to keep crystals from forming). Add flavoring as it is cooling. Store in the refrigerator. Makes about 24 oz.
I keep my syrup in a syrup container that I had from when I was still buying it from the store. I think I am going to watch for the kind that has the short microwavable bottle to go on sale because I like to warm up my syrup, but this works for now.



Yum! That looks easy enough....I will have to try this.
ReplyDelete